Click on titles below to learn more.
Standard/Single Layer Bags
Filter Bag Design Details
Standard Filter Bag Types
- Molded top bags are stocked with polypropylene tops in sizes 1, 2, 3, 4, 8 & 9.
- Ring top bags are stocked in sizes 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9 & 12 with galvanized steel, rings.
- Handles are standard on all bags.
- Standard stock bags have sewn construction.
Filter Bag Finish
- Felt filter bags are supplied with a glazed finish to reduce fiber migration.
- Mesh filter bags are supplied with a plain finish as woven.
- Microfiber filter bags have spun bonded covers to prevent fiber migration.
- Standard filter bags are typically manufactured with a metal ring, either galvanized carbon steel or stainless steel, sewn in the top of the filter bag. Woven fabric handles are also sewn.
- Another design incorporates a molded plastic top. These tops typically are polypropylene or polyester with molded lifting handles. Various types of tops are available to fit specific manufacturers’ housings.
- All welded construction
- All seams and the collar are sonically welded, enhancing filtration quality, eliminating leaks and bypass that may have occurred with sewn seams.
High Efficiency Filter Bags
Our HI-E series of bag filters meets the most stringent needs for fine process, hydraulic fluid, and lubricant filtration. All are made of unique microfiber materials, designed to increase the efficiency and dirt-holding capacities of these high efficiency filter bags.
Microfiber Material Construction
Polyester or polypropylene microfibers and standard fibers are variably calendered to produce a single layer of microfiber material. Our unique construction can provide filtration to a 1 micron rating. Polyester microfiber material should be used where oil adsorption is not desirable or where higher temperatures are required.
These high efficiency filter bags have been tested by an independent laboratory to determine the filtration efficiency and dirt holding capabilities for each. They have been manufactured so that the efficiencies for both polyester and polypropylene are identical.
PEMF/POMF Bags: High Efficiency Filtration using a single layer of microfiber material. Excellent for general polishing applications with low dirt load.
Graded Density Bags: High Efficiency Filtration with multiple layers of microfiber material and pre-filtration layers. Has 4 times the dirt holding capacity of the PEMF/POMF series bags.
Bag-Size Pleated Cartridges: High Efficiency Filtration with 12 times the dirt holding capacity and microfiber material supported by flow-enhancing mesh. The extra surface area greatly increases the dirt holding capacity. They have filtration ratings from one micron filters to 10 micron filter or even 110 micron filter!
Micron Filter Bags for Fine Filtration Requirements
This micron filter bag (filter sock) meets even more exacting requirements, extending their use to finer process filtration and to hydraulic and lubricating fluid filtration. These micron filter bags are made of a unique multilayer polyester felt, encased in spun-bonded nylon to prevent possible migration of bag material into the fluid stream. They’re rated by the multi-pass method of filter performance evaluation, so that direct comparison can be made between Beta Bag® sock filters and cartridges of rigid construction using cellulose or synthetic elements, pleated or non-pleated. They compare very well:
- Because these disposable micron filter bags are fitted into and supported by perforated-metal baskets, you need not be concerned with sock filter collapse, flow fatigue, or filter end-load problems.
- Beta bag filter socks can be installed and removed from their housings in a fraction of the time required to service rigid cellulose or synthetic element cartridge filters.
- Beta bag filter socks cost less than cylindrical filter cartridges, and they fold flat for more compact storage.
- Polyester/nylon bag materials are more resistant to the chemical additives in today’s hydraulic and lubricant fluids (especially the high water base fluids), as well as the chemicals in Table IV.
- Prevention of possible media migration is assured by the spun nylon cover.
- Excellent for use in the Process, Oil and Gas, Hydraulic and Lubrication Industries when micron filtering is necessary.
Polyester and Polypropylene Bags
- These bags have a plastic collar sonically welded into their opening. This collar has integral handles as a standard feature. They make removal faster and easier.
- The standard felt finish is glazed. The microfiber bags are sonically welded, then turned inside out, increasing the protection against leakage through the seam.
- These bags are available in standard bag sizes and micron filter ratings.
- Bags have been tested by an independent laboratory at 95% efficiency. Micron ratings of 1 micron filter, 5 micron filter, 10 micron filter and up to 110 micron.
Graded Density Bags
Depth filter for enhanced clarity for filtration to 1.0 micronThese Graded Density (GD) Fat Bags® have approximately four times the dirt holding capacity of standard bags at equivalent filtration levels. These depth filter bags have 9 layers of material, each with 4.4 sq. ft. of surface area. GD bags are easier to install and remove, require less room in storage and disposal, and prevent the contaminant wash off downstream associated with cartridges.
They produce excellent results when used as a pre filter for membrane filters. These pre filter/membrane filter bags will retain a large quantity of contaminant that will unnecessarily clog the membrane. The bags are available in either all polyester or all polypropylene construction. Polyester should be used where oil adsorption is not desirable or where higher temperatures are required.
Liquid Filtration Products
Packaged Systems supplies the solution to meet most any of your needs when it comes to liquid filtration supplies and equipment.
We carry systems and supplies manufactured with only the highest standards and quality by some of the nations leading manufacturers of industrial grade filtration equipment such as Rosedale, and Whatman.
Whether it’s Bag Filters, Canisters, Filter Cartridges, Automatic filtration systems, pre filters,final filters, housings, or even Winery Solutions, Packaged Systems is there to supply the answers to all of your filtration needs.